Anova: A Future without Violence is accepting applications for the upcoming vacancy of Executive Director.
If you are a fearless critical thinker, a passionate feminist and have 5+ years of experience as an Executive or Managing Director in a non-profit organization, we want to hear from you!
For more information, please send your CV and letter of interest stating your salary expectations to Kim Farrell, Human Resources Manager at: email@example.com
As an intersectional agency, Anova is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunities. Be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified, if requested, provided the applicant has met Bona-Fide requirements for the open position. If contacted, applicants must make any accommodation needs known in advance.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
PURPOSE AND ROLE OF POSITION:
The Executive Director leads the overall strategic direction of the agency and is accountable for all aspects of its management and operations including human resources, finance, programmes, property and fundraising.
The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors and works within the agency budget and policies, legislative requirements and ethical guidelines to ensure our long-term viability.
- A combination of degrees in management and social services, one of which is a Masters.
- Five to ten years management experience in Social Services or related field.
- Previous experience with woman abuse, children who have witnessed violence and sexual assault survivors.
- Integrates the unique feminist approach of Anova’s philosophy, mission, vision and core values in all capacities.
- Looks beyond the current situation to anticipate changes that may affect the future of the organization.
- Visualizes and articulates outcomes, communicates strategies and makes plans of action to achieve those.
- Implements effective evaluation and outcome measures.
- Strategic oversight of fund development initiatives.
- Networks with local community agencies to create and foster strategic alliances and partnerships.
Organizational Effectiveness and Operations
- Develops plans and takes action with a view to developing programmes and services that will generate maximum growth and stability.
- Regularly evaluates and measures Anova programmes and services against established benchmarks and strategic plan.
- Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of communities and responds to their needs.
- Exhibits effective planning, coordination, and communication approaches that build public support for, and awareness of, Anova and the people we serve.
- Acts as a steadfast and outspoken advocate for both individuals and for the cause.
- Develops and maintains relationships with related organizations locally, provincially, nationally and internationally.
- Champions advocacy initiatives that align with and/or promote Anova’s mission, vision and core values.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with government, corporate and individual funders.
- Motivates, mentors and assists employees/colleagues to achieve their individual and organizational goals.
- Champions Anova’s philanthropic endeavours.
- Serves as change agent for Anova to enable achievement of strategic outcomes.
- Commits to attract and retain staff of the highest caliber to achieve outcomes while developing diverse teams to provide complementary skills and talents.
- Serves as an ethical role model.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Communicates in a thorough, clear, and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement throughout Anova and the community.
- Uses effective group facilitation techniques to ensure that others correctly understand and interpret the message.
- Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work-related goals.
- Works proactively to develop positive relationships with participants, peers, employees and volunteers.
- Maintains accountability, responsibility, and control for Anova’s fiscal goals and financial sustainability.
- Ensures adequate oversight and controls, ensures that funder accountability reports are completed as required, and financial reports meet requirements.
- Ensures development and maintenance of, and adherence to, internal policies.
- Ensures adequate compliance with regulatory, statutory and any other external requirements.
- Supports Board-level governance initiatives and policy development