Anova operates two 24-hour Emergency Shelters in London.
Reducing operating costs for the shelters through donations from the public helps ensure our essential services continue to be free of charge for abused women and children. Anova, formerly Women’s Community House and Sexual Assault Centre London.
May 2018 Needed Items List
- Mother’s Day gifts – new
- Shampoo & conditioner – new
- Women’s (sm & med) underwear – new
- Women’s slippers – new
- Children’s rain boots & jackets
- Feminine hygiene products – new
- Bus tickets (adults)
- Toilet paper & paper towels – new
Grocery Cards, White Oaks Mall, Wal-Mart, Movie Theaters, Shoppers Drug Mart, Dollarama, Tim Horton’s, Hair Salons, Chapters, and Winners.
- Coffee and tea
- School lunch snacks
- Juice boxes
- Cake mixes & cake icing
- Pasta sauce & pasta noodles
- Vegetable/beef/chicken broths & stock
- Cereal, crackers, granola bars
- Canned vegetables, beans, fruits
- Olive/canola oil
Kitchen Shelter Needs
- Electric pans and pots
- Rice cookers
- Forks and spoons
- Dish towels
- Can openers
Donation Drop-off Location:
Donations are accepted (Monday through Friday), at the Anova Wellington Shelter located at 101 Wellington Road. To help us protect and store items, please package your donations in plastic bags or containers.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept all donations received from the community.
Items we are not able to accept:
- out-of-season clothing
- bulk garage sale leftovers
- large appliances, furniture or bikes
- used stuffed animals/fabric toys
- baby equipment or furniture due to health and safety reasons
Anova greatly appreciates our supportive community!
The monthly Needed Items List can be sent to you via e-mail, fax or by mail. Join our distribution list today by sending an e-mail to Katie email@example.com or by calling 519-642-3003 ext 2253.