Join our team! Anova is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager (Full-time Permanent). Deadline to apply is 8am Monday October 16, 2017.
Human Resources Manager – Full-time Permanent
Anova (formerly Women’s Community House / Sexual Assault Centre London) is a leading edge, accredited, not-for-profit organization operating within a feminist model in London, Ontario. Anova is dedicated to meeting the needs of those impacted by abuse and sexual violence in our community by offering shelter, advocacy, support and education.
As an active member of the Management Team, the HR Manager will administer all human resources responsibilities for 95+ employees. The Manager will be a HR generalist with experience in staff development, employee compensation and relations, policy development, and change management.
The HR Manager must have a sincere passion for working with and supporting staff at all levels of the organization in a way that values the work they do.
The successful candidate will have:
• Post-secondary education in HR/Business Administration
• CHRP designation or in progress
• Managerial and administrative experience with a HR Generalist focus
• Excellent organizational, multitasking, and time management skills
• Flexible and able to adapt quickly to assessed priorities
• Demonstrated initiative, problem solving and team building skills
• Ability to take the initiative and work with minimal supervision in meeting deadlines
• Knowledge of legislation and other personnel related information
• Integrity and commitment to maintain the principles and standards of Anova
• Policy development skills
• Compensation knowledge and implementation skills
• Health and Safety certification (Level 2)
• Well-developed computer skills including maintenance of HR database
• Experience working in a not-for-profit agency
• A feminist perspective and knowledge of the social, legal, political and economic impacts of gender based violence and sexual violence
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of a second language is an asset
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting and coaching staff and supervisors with concerns / issues related to employee relations, personnel policies, procedures and practices
• Participating as a member of the Management Team contributing to organizational planning and operations
• Maintaining personnel and placement information in an organized and efficient format
• Overseeing the planning and implementation of staffing, evaluations, and legislated training
• Updating, developing and implementing personnel policies as required for compliance with current statutory, legislative and accreditation requirements
• Participating in the development and management of the organization’s budget
• Administering employee benefits, records and the recognition program
• Ensuring compliance with privacy laws and agency expectations
• Actively participating on committees such as Health and Safety
• Participating as part of the Manager on-call rotation
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 8am Monday October 16, 2017.
Please place the words HR Manager in the heading.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known if contacted for an interview.
We welcome applications from all those that are qualified, reflecting the diversity of our community.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted shortly after the closing date. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you.